Humanitarian engineering refers to engineering whose primary focus is on benefiting marginalised individuals, groups or communities. This includes disaster relief, community development and disability access. The Global Humanitarian Engineering Awards present an opportunity to recognise these engineers and technologists on a global stage, and share their stories with the wider engineering community.
Objectives of the Awards
- To recognise outstanding achievements in humanitarian engineering
- Showcase and celebrate humanitarian engineering progress
- Provide role models in the field
- Demonstrate less popularly known roles of engineering in society
- Provide incentives for excellence
Rotary Club of Subiaco
The Rotary Club of Subiaco is part of an international network of business, professional and community leaders who strive to make the world a better place through practical efforts.
IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference
The IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference is the venue for the 2014 awards ceremony. Held in the U.S.A in October, the conference focuses on advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. More details at: http://www.ieeeghtc.org/